GUIDELINES FOR VISITING THE FLIGHT 427 CRASH SITE
The following guidelines are to assist your visit to the crash site of USAir Flight 427. This is being distributed to you to keep within the signed agreement with Pine Creek Land Trust which oversaw the land purchase, and to stay within the good graces of the people living around and near this site. Your cooperation in adhering to these rules is expected in order to maintain the respect of other property owners, and for our loved ones, in whose memory this land is dedicated.
- Only 427 Support League and Pine Creek Land Trust members are permitted on this property. Please make sure you have your membership card every time you visit the crash site. If you are stopped and questioned as to the purpose of your visit, your membership card will grant you permission to be on this property. Non-members wishing to pay their respects must be accompanied by a Support League Member. Children under the age of 16 must be accompanied by an adult Support League Member.
- Approach the entrance to the road to the crash site by entering Petitta Land ONLY. Exit the same way. NO EXCEPTIONS.
- Park in the natural turn-around in the valley before the crash site. Do not drive up near the top of the site.
- Property surrounding the crash site is private property. Please do not wander around any of the property adjacent to the crash site property.
- Walk from the valley up to the crash site from the parking area. This is not a handicap accessible area.
- NO ARTIFICIAL FLOWERS, NO ORNAMENTATION OF ANY KIND, AND NO SPECIAL MEMENTOS OF ANY KIND ARE PERMITTED TO BE LEFT ON THE SITE. THERE ARE NO EXCEPTIONS AND ANY ITEM FOUND ON THE CRASH SITE WILL BE REMOVED AND DISPOSED OF. THE ONLY ITEMS PERMITTED ARE LIVE, CUT FLOWERS. CUT FLOWERS ARE NOT TO BE WIRED OR TAPED NOR CONTAINED IN ANY KIND OF VASE OR WRAPPING. NOTHING IS TO BE CUT, PICKED, OR REMOVED FROM THE SITE.
- It is imperative that we maintain the natural state of our property. Please do not bring food items nor litter in this area. For safety reasons, there is to be no open flame, no smoking, and no visitation after dark.
KEEP IN MIND, THE ENVIRONMENT OF THIS AREA MUST BE MAINTAINED IN ITS NATURAL STATE.